We were excited about Heidi because quite a lot of people have her shape and don’t know what to wear. She has danced and swam her entire life, so her calves are muscular and she wanted to find a way to not accentuate that. Heidi is a size 10 in bottoms and a medium/large in tops. After talking with her about her body type, we assessed that she was an hourglass shape. Now, we get that the body shapes (wedge, apple, pear, etc.) don’t have exactly the most flattering title. However, everyone has a body type, and figuring out which one you are is the first step to figuring out what looks best on you.
- Hourglass Shape // Inverted triangle. Broad chest and wide shoulders which are large in proportion to a narrow waist and hips.
- Problem areas — Broad shoulders.
- Best assets — Curves.
- Goals — Show off your curves, without going overboard.
- Tips //
- Don’t hide your curves with baggy clothing.
- Wear fitted dresses. (ex. bodycon, pencil skirts).
- Try to wear wrap dresses.
- High waisted skirts to show off your hips.
- Skinny or straight legs jeans elongate your body.
Here’s what we dressed Heidi in!
No. 1 // Leopard pencil skirt and geometric top. This accentuates her small waist.
No. 2 // Bodycon dress. These dresses are the best thing for an hourglass shape. You need to embrace your curves and show them off!
No. 3 // High-low top and jeans. This was Heidi’s favorite and she even picked out the headband to match! This top works well with the skinny jeans because it elongates her body.
“I think I feel like I know how to dress more for my shape and I can look good and not be frumpy.”
These women (in this series) are very brave and opening up about their self image and how they feel about their body type. Admit it, we all feel like this! Leave some kind words in the comments for Heidi and tell her just how amazing she looks <3
Love, Us.Tags: dressing for your body type, fashion, style everyday