So it’s been a minute. A few things, last month I promised a second blog to announce the winner of my giveaway – unfortunately, there were no entries. So, no giveaway…this time. Secondly, I mentioned celebrating American Heart Month and wanted to share another freebie at home workout, which is coming!
I have realized that since my last blog, I have been completely unfocused in a lot of ways; the direction in which I am taking my career, how I run my household (or lack thereof), my own health and fitness goals, how I am growing relationships and the list could go on and on. Now, I have openly admitted that as much as I want to be Superwoman (i.e. have it all together, find “balance”, be all things to all people who need/want them) it’s pretty unrealistic and I needed to have it kind of shoved in my face to see that it’s time to refocus. And I encourage you all to take a quick evaluation of your situation if you’re feeling the same way.
I know that to be my best I need to make the following priorities everyday:
- I need to have some quality time with my family – an outdoor play session, books before bed, dinner AT THE TABLE TOGETHER.
- I need to keep my lists of work to-do’s clear and concise and within reason. No more lists with 55 things to do in an 8-hour work day.
- I need to keep my body moving! I’m on a great streak right now and the benefits are far more than gains in strength, it keeps my mind clear. I’m never as clear as I am when I’ve got those endorphin’s pulsing through my body.
- You’ve heard me say a thousand times that I won’t live a life of restriction when it comes to food. And I won’t. But, when I am not as focused on my health the shift in my food choices is apparent. My flexible dieting approach to eating becomes “how much junk can I possibly fit into my day and still hit my macros?”. I will get back to the 80/20 mindset – I perform best when I am fueling my body with good foods (80% of the time), while still enjoying things that I don’t want to live without (20% of my intake)!
- Here’s the biggie — I will stop giving time to things that don’t make me stronger. Excuses, relationships that are detrimental to my physical or emotional well-being, and that white noise that clouds my head when I’m doubting everything and anything.
Here’s where the new giveaway comes in, I would really love to know how you all stay focused. I’m open to any and all tips/tricks that you’ve found to work. Please leave them in the comments here on the blog (not on the Facebook post) and that will be one way to get entered into the drawing.
The second way to be entered is to leave your favorite way to incorporate fitness into your day. Do you CIZE with Erica A. at the Y? Are you a runner? Lifter? I have always said that there’s no one size fits all to fitness. My own personal fitness style has evolved since I got involved after my first kiddo was born. I may have a small case of adult ADHD, so I have to keep it fresh or I won’t do it. Same thing here, share in the blog comments for another chance to win!
Here’s what I’ve been doing lately when I’m short on time, the harder you push the more benefit there is!
You will perform 7 rounds, with as little rest as possible:
- 7 push-ups (modify to your knees if you want!)
- 7 squats
- 7 sit-ups
- 7 burpees
- 7 alternating lunges
- 7 Russian twists
- 7 seated tricep dips
Last way to get entered into the drawing, if you try Lucky 7’s comment on the blog post with your time and what you thought.
Tags: arrow fitness, guest blogger, guest blogger series